Common Ground Arts Exhibition
Free exhibition | MAC Theatre | Drop-in
27 - 29 June, 9am - 8pm | 30 June, 9am - 12.30pm
Join us for a free inclusive arts exhibition created by students with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
About Common Ground Arts:
The programme brings high-quality artist residencies to the seven schools in the Birmingham Special Schools’ Co-Operative trust. As a co-operative, the schools reach over 1000 students aged 3-19 with special education needs. Each school supports students with a range of SEN needs including deaf children and students with severe learning disabilities, autism, physical and medical disabilities.
The programme aims to create meaningful arts access for these students with SEN, who experience significant barriers to mainstream arts curriculum opportunities, organisations and event. To find out more visit www.commongroundarts.co.uk.
Schools taking part in this exhibition:
- Fox Hollies: Sound exploration for non-verbal students with severe learning disabilities
- Baskerville: Mosaic design and installation for secondary students with autism
- Dame Ellen: Soundscape experiences for primary students with learning disabilities
- Hamilton: Felt making with primary-age autistic children
- Longwill: Film making to explore student deaf identity
- The Pines: Sensory sculptures with natural materials for autistic secondary-age students
- Wilson Stuart: Sensory UV textiles for students with physical and medical disabilities